This site was designed for the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer (version 10+). Some features may not work correctly in your browser.OK
2799 Piedmont Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30305
Sales: (800) 897-9087
Service: (800) 897-9617
The holidays are a beautiful time of year, from the lovely snow-capped trees to the peaceful time spent with family. The only difficult part is traveling down roads lined with those snow-capped trees, which can be dangerous due to the winter weather or just because of other drivers.
To do our part, we’ve made a quick list of tips to help keep you stay safe on the road through this winter season and beyond.
1) Have your car serviced before you set out. Check your fluids, including motor oil, brake fluid, deicing washer fluid, and antifreeze. It’s also a good idea to rotate your tires if you haven’t already done so in the previous six months.
2) Pack an emergency kit somewhere accessible in your car. Be sure you’re stocked with an extra blanket, food, flashlight, and first aid.
3) Know your body! Be honest with yourself about how tired you feel before you hit the road. Arriving an hour ahead of schedule isn’t worth pushing yourself to uncomfortable and dangerous levels. Stay awake and stay safe!
4) Be careful when passing other vehicles. Everyone is in a rush to get where they’re going, especially over the holidays. Drive defensively and don’t take unnecessary risks to shave off a few minutes from your travel.
5) Keep adequate stopping distance between you and the car ahead of you, especially if there is snow or ice on the road.
6) And this last one might seem obvious, but it’s worth repeating: if you plan to drink, don’t drive. You might feel okay, but at any level of impairment, the truth is that driving has become more dangerous.
If service is what you need, just make sure to contact or stop by Mercedes-Benz of Buckhead. We'll make sure your vehicle is in tip-top shape for the holidays!